TABRIZ UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATION ALUMNI-CANADA
Constitution of Daneshgah Tabriz
Daneshgah Tabriz Alumni Society, Ontario-Canada (DTAS).
The DTAS is a not-for-profit social/professional/academic association that will remain open and supportive and free of all forms of discrimination to all its members and will not be affiliated with any particular religious or political view.
The DTAS provides a lifelong professional link among its community of alumni.
The TAUS represents the interests of the graduates of the University of Tabriz residing in Ontario, Canada. TAUS remains committed to providing promotion and advocacy, networking, social bonding, professional development and collaboration opportunity for our members.
- To foster the collective interests of its members;
- To provide support and orientation to newcomer alumni, assisting them with their successful resettlement;
- To establish professional connections with the like-minded and similar association;
- To promote broader community engagement and volunteerism for members to positively impact civic life;
- To promote professional mentorship and social opportunities among its members;
- To operate with utmost equity, accountability, and transparency on behalf of its members.
- LANGUAGE OF COMMUNICATION
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING-AGM
- To elect the Board of Directors
- To approve the annual operational report including the financial statement
- To elect or appoint an auditor
- The Board of Directors shall call the Meeting on its initiative
- The Board of Directors shall convene a meeting within forty-five (45) days of being called to do so by notice in writing signed by email at least twenty-five (25) of its sustaining members, except that more than ninety (90) days shall elapse between two meetings of General Assembly.
- At any General Assembly Meeting, a quorum shall consist of fifty percent (50%) of members plus one (1).
- If the requisite quorum is not present, a second meeting shall be held, except that more than fifteen (30) days shall elapse between two meetings. A quorum is not required for the second meeting.
- To be eligible to vote at General Assembly Meeting, a minimum of three (3) month of membership shall be required. Notice of General Assembly stating the agenda of the Meeting shall be sent through email to each member at least one month before the date of the Meeting. A member who is absent in General Assembly Meeting may give a written proxy to another member to vote on her/his behalf. No member shall be given more than three (3) proxies.
- Board of Directors
- Vice Chair
- Head of the Culture & Events Committee
- Head of the Registration & Membership Committee
- Head of the Professional committee
4.2. Members of Board of Directors who have been ranked 8th to 9th at General Assembly Meeting shall be substitute members. Each substitute director shall be a member of one of the committees. The directors shall not be personally liable for the debts, liabilities, or other obligation of the committee decisions.
4.3. Board of Directors meeting is held at least once in 2 months. All directors may attend the meeting. Substitute members shall attend the meeting as consultants.
4.4. A quorum shall consist of five (5) directors. In the absence of one of the main directors, her/his duties may be exercised by a substitute member with the highest ranking among the substitute directors.
4.5. All decisions shall be approved by a majority of the attendance at the meeting.
4.6. In the absence of one of the Board members from three (3) consecutive Board meetings or the resignation, she/he may be replaced by a substitute director with the highest ranking at General Assembly. If three (3) members of the Board are absent from three (3) consecutive Board meeting or resign, the remaining directors shall forthwith call an election.
4.7. A summary of the Board of Directors Minutes of Meeting shall be distributed by email.
4.8. All services provided by the Board of Directors shall be on a voluntary basis with no financial compensation.
4.9. Board of Directors shall continue with their duties until the new Board of Directors is elected.
4.10. Board of Directors may once a year publish the names and educational background of members.